Bryan Holt came to Southpace Properties in 1997 with a background in commercial construction and bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He became a Principal at Southpace in 2010 and oversees the retail division of the company. Bryan specializes in retail tenant representation and investment sales and his present and past clients include some of the top brands in the American retail industry.
Bryan has obtained the respected Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation and the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Certified Retail Property Executive (CRX) designation. He was named one of Birmingham’s Top 40 under 40 and one of Birmingham’s Heavy Hitters in Real Estate by the Birmingham Business Journal. He served as President of the Alabama CCIM Chapter in 2016. Bryan is currently on the Retail Brokers Network Executive Committee and will serve as President in 2021-2022. Bryan is an active member of the ICSC and Alabama CCIM Chapter.
Bryan, his wife Lynn, and three children live in Vestavia Hills. He is an avid backpacker, climber and outdoorsman and an alumnus of the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS). He enjoys supporting his children’s pursuits in soccer, theatre, dance and scouting. His community involvement includes board positions with Keep Vestavia Hills Beautiful and the Shades Valley & Vestavia YMCA Board of Managers.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham BA – Political Science
- University of Alabama at Birmingham MBA – Finance Concentration
Transaction Volume (1997 - Present)
- In excess of $465,000,000
- Areas of expertise for retailers and food operations include market analysis, competitor assessment, market development plans, demographic analysis, traffic pattern assessment, site selection, lease/contract negotiation, strategic planning and retail development consulting.
- Areas of expertise for third-party leasing include property assessment, property repositioning, trade area analysis, leasing plan development, merchandise and tenant mix analysis and LOI negotiation.
Accreditations / Awards
- CCIM Designation
- Board of Directors, Alabama CCIM Chapter, 2009-2014
- Education Chair, Alabama CCIM Chapter, 2010
- Secretary, Alabama CCIM Chapter, 2012
- Leadership UAB, 2009
- Birmingham Multiple Sclerosis Leadership, 2009
- Top 40 under 40, Birmingham Business Journal, 2008
- Birmingham’s Heavy Hitters in Real Estate list, 2008
- Mixed – Use Co – Developer of the Year, 2008
- Leadership Vestavia Hills, 2008
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member, Retail Broker Network
- Life Member, Commercial Million Dollar Sales Club
- Graduate – National Outdoor Leadership School, 2011
- Executive Committee, Retail Brokers Network (RBN)
- Alabama Commercial Real Estate Leadership Council
- President, Retail Brokers Network, 2021-2022
Current & Past Clients
- 32 A Yogurt Bar
- Adeptio Wellness
- America’s Best Eyeglasses
- ATI Physical Therapy
- Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar
- Biolife Plasma
- Bloomin Brands
- Boot Barn
- Cheddar’s Casual Cafe
- Chipolte Mexican Grill
- City of Vestavia Hills
- Duluth Trading Co.
- Dunkin Donuts
- Gander Mountain
- Golden Corral
- Great Clips
- Great American Cookie Co.
- Halvorsen Holdings
- Maggie Moo’s
- Marble Slab
- Milo’s Hamburgers
- Oak Street Health
- Profile by Sanford
- Pyro’s Pizza
- Rack Room Shoes
- Ruby Tuesday
- Starbucks Coffee Co.
- Tacala (Taco Bell)
- The Athlete’s Foot
- Verizon Wireless
- Yogurt Mountain
- Zoe’s Kitchen